“Every good and perfect gift is from above.” – James 1:17

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Yesterday's Appointment

So...yesterday's appointment didn't go exactly as I was dreaming in my mind for the past two weeks. We went in for an ultrasound, and I was hoping to see the heartbeat and the baby measuring at exactly 6 weeks 1 day (which is where I thought I was.) That didn't happen. She said it is measuring about 5 weeks. I had a flash of deja vu, and immediately began crying. She explained that it was nothing to worry about - that there was a yolk sac and everything looked good. She said I might just be a week earlier than I thought I was. This is possible because when I did take a HPT the day after I thought I missed, it was very, very, VERY faint. This leads me to believe her theory that I am just a week off on my dates. She sent me to the lab to check my HCG, you know - the number that doubles every few days. On Monday 4/11, my HCG was 740. So I did the math, and I told myself that if she told me the number was about 5500 or higher, I would be relieved. So Kim called at about 5:30 that evening to say that my HCG was 9950! Almost 10,000! That's GREAT news!! I am not going to get all pessimistic just yet. I am going to go with the U/S tech's theory for now, at least until I go for another ultrasound. We are staying positive together. My next appointment is Thursday. I assume she will do another quant test. 18,000 or 19,000 is the number we want to see on Thursday! Keep your fingers crossed, and more importantly KEEP PRAYING!

J&K

No comments:

Post a Comment