“Every good and perfect gift is from above.” – James 1:17

Sunday, April 17, 2011

WE ARE PREGNANT!!

I was beyond ecstatic when I got a positive HPT on Monday, April 4th! I called my doctor's office to make an appointment, and they wanted to see me right away. I got an appointment for the next day. I went in for blood work to check my HCG and progesterone. For those who don't know, HCG is AKA "Human Chorionic Gonadotropin", and it is the hormone that is produced during pregnancy by a growing baby. Progesterone is another hormone that supports gestation throughout a pregnancy. Last time we were pregnant, my HCG was good, but my progesterone was extremely low (it was 11!) That means that gestation (the developing of the fetus) was not supported very well. So I got my blood work done on Tuesday and I anxiously awaited the phone call that afternoon for the results. The lab technician, Kim, (who is AWESOME!) finally called to say that my HCG was 120, which was right on target, and my progesterone was 30!! That was WONDERFUL news! I was so excited (a feeling that I had not ever felt before after leaving that doctor's office.) So I was set to return the following Monday when I returned from vacation for more blood work. Since HCG doubles every 48-70 hours or so in a healthy pregnancy, my HCG on Monday should've been anywhere from 600 or higher. Mine was 740, which was more good news. My doctor wanted to see me the following day, so I met with her. She said everything looks good, and with my numbers the way they are, she has a good feeling about this one. Let's hope so! She scheduled me for an ultrasound on Monday, April 18 at 1:45. So that's where we stand. Hopefully tomorrow we will see a healthy baby with a heartbeat. Whatever happens....it is in God's hands! FINGERS CROSSED!!

Pray for us!
J&K


No comments:

Post a Comment